Agrowisata Kopeng "Gunungsari" - a dream has finally come true


Realizing that he is getting old, Slamet, a fifty three year old farmer has converted his 10.700 square meters land into an agro tourism and offers guava picking and mountain views as the main attractions.

After seeing someone post on FB, my wife told me that there was a new agrotourism (guava picking) in Kopeng, named Gunungsari. At that time it was harvesting time. And since its location is near from our home (about 30 minutes drive), surely I could go there at any time.

Agrowisata Kopeng "Gunungsari" is merely 7 minutes (1.9 km) from "Kopeng Treetop Adventure Park" or 1.4 km from a T-junction of Umbul Songo St and Kopeng Rd toward "Merbabu Base Camp Cuntel", a popular hiking trail to the top of mount Merbabu apart from "Gancik Hill Top, Selo - Boyolali".

When I entered on Umbul Songo St, I was a bit surprised to see the new concrete street (it was broken in my last visit) and I thought it would be as good as this until my destination. Unfortunately, I had to pass a bad road near the gateway of mount Merbabu National Park with pine trees on the left and right sides. Finally, I arrived in the location, it was easy to get there as there was a big banner to show its place.


By paying the entrance fee of IDR 15k (USD 1.10), you are free to eat as many as guavas you like when you are in Agrowisata Kopeng "Gunungsari", and if you want to bring them home as small present, you can buy fresh guavas which are available in baskets at the restaurant. I bought at IDR 5k (USD 0.40) per kilogram. It depends on the market price.
When I was there, I had a chat with the owner, Slamet, a father of two whose dream has been fulfilled by converting his farming land to be an agrotourism although he had to sell his other land to finance it. Proudly, he told me to climb up the highest viewing post where in the sunny days visitors will view eight beautiful mountains: mount Andong, mount Telomoyo, mount Gajah Mungkur, mount Muria, mount Sindoro, mount Sumbing, mount Ungaran and mount Kendil.



Agrowisata Kopeng "Gunungsari"

Location

Jalan Umbul Songo, Kopeng Village, Getasan Sub-district, Semarang Regency, Central Java, Indonesia.

Opening hours 

Daily       07.00 am - 06.00 pm (it will open longer shortly).

Entrance fee

Child/Adult      IDR 15k (USD 1.10)