A Daytime on "Bukit Barede" - an interesting spot near "Chicken Church" - Magelang


I accidentally found this interesting spot after visiting "Gereja Ayam" (Chicken Church) Magelang. Bukit Barede ( Barede Hill) is obviously  a great place to view sunrise, even visit it during the day time is also nice.

Nature tourism of "Bukit Barede" is located just 4 minutes drive from "Gereja Ayam" (Chicken Church) and about 12 minutes drive (3.8 km) from the great "Borobudur Temple". And according to a local person whom I met, Nias. During guerilla warfare against Dutch soldiers in the past, Indonesian armies used to hide in this hill where it was a lush forest. So this history of struggle inspired the locals who manage this interesting spot to name it "Barede Hill" (Bukit Barede). Like others nature tourism, "Bukit Barede" offers visitors with lovely viewing post to see sunrise.


After knowing that there was an amazing hill nearby. I decided to go there. Luckily for me that the location is so close to "Gereja Ayam" (an awesome building I'd just visited). I felt it was bless for me. It meant that in a few hours journey, I could get two nice stories for my blog. Since I've planned to write for my blog more often, Surely, regular blogging to get some interesting topics for my next blog posts really play an important role.
First, I didn't have any information about "Nature Tourism of Bukit Barede", until a ticket officer, a friendly girl, told me: "Bukit Barede is a lovely spot to see sunrise, therefore, almost all visitors come here early in the morning, many of them are foreign tourists".
I suddenly realized that I didn't come at the right time. However, I tried to enjoy myself. Being the only visitor at that time. "Bukit Barede", which currently planted many bamboo trees looked like my private "forest" where I could roam around and see beautiful scenery, a great Borobudur Temple (although looked tiny) and even enjoyed my "nasi gurih" (savory rice) which was brought from home on a high viewing post with cool breeze and without any single disturbance.



Wisata Alam Bukit Barede (Nature tourism of Barede Hill)

Location

Sendaren 2 Hamlet, Karangrejo Village, Borobudur Sub-district, Magelang Regency, Central Java, Indonesia.

Opening hours

Daily        04.00 am - 07.00 pm

Entrance fee

Early Morning ticket

Local tourist          IDR 15k (USD 1.10)
Foreign tourist      IDR 30k (USD 2.20)

After sunrise ticket

Local tourist          IDR 5k (USD 0.40)
Foreign tourist      IDR 15k (USD 1.10)