Pantai Pasir Kadilangu, Kulon Progo - Mangrove Tourism in the midst of Shrimp Farming


As an archipelagic country, Indonesia has a long coastline, so mangrove forests are important to protect the coastal areas from abrasion, however the numbers are said to be decreased now. And if you intend to have an excursion in Kulon Progo, Yogyakarta, visiting "Hutan Mangrove Pantai Pasir Kadilangu" is quite nice to spend your holiday.

Hutan Mangrove Pantai Pasir Kadilangu (Mangrove forest Pasir Kadilangu beach) has been officially opened for public as a tourist attraction for almost two years. You will walk on the bamboo and wooden footbridges to feel closer to the mangrove trees, surrounded by shrimp ponds, and walk toward the beach which offers some viewing posts.

I came to this place last saturday, it was a public holiday as well, and like other popular tourist attractions I've ever visited, it was crowded by local tourists who might be curious after hearing some nice stories about mangrove trekking and wanted to experience by themself or just wanted to spend a memorable time with their families or friends.

In front of a parking area I saw someone. From his appearance, I could guess he was one of the workmen, so I approached him to ask some useful information about "Hutan Mangrove Pantai Pasir Kadilangu". He still didn't understand even though I had told him that I was a blogger. He just thought that I was a tour guide who was conducting a survey and would take tourists here and I could see cheerfulness appeared on his face. You may know in my country Indonesia, tourism is important to improve the economy of local communities.
As a result, many tourist attractions have been opened for public at the initiative of local communities although they haven't got financial support from local goverments.


Walking along bamboo and wooden footbridges was so exciting. People whom I saw, some were having their photographs taken, some were sitting under a bamboo shelter, while others were boating in its lagoon. If you want to take a boat, the fare is IDR 10K (USD 0.75) per person.




Firstly, I was wonder because I was visiting a beach, but so far I hadn't seen it. Until finally I read a small sign that guided me to the beach and I had to walk across shrimp ponds, but I couldn't seen any shrimp.

Here is the beach, with some viewing spots. Nice shelters to protect the visitors from the sun rays. It was so hot at that time.



Hutan Mangrove Pantai Pasir Kadilangu

Location

Jangkaran Village, district of Temon, Kulon Progo Regency, Yoyakarta Special Region,Indonesia.

Opening Hours 

Daily        06.00 am - 06.00 pm

Entrance fee

Child/Adult     IDR 5k (USD 0.40)