Only IDR 5K You Can Eat Nasi Jinggo in Uluwatu - Bali


Arisarmu - Traveling on budget has been done by many travelers to explore the beauty of Bali island which is well known with its gorgeous beaches and wonderful culture. So, reduce your spend on accomodation, transportation, as well as food are a great solution to keep your plan on its track.

On a fine afternoon while riding around Uluwatu, a famous tourist destination in southern Bali where  Pura Luhur Uluwatu is settled, I accidentally saw, a woman selling Nasi Jinggo on the roadside of Uluwatu Rd. Curiously, made me turn back to the location. I had never eaten the dish before but ever heard it. And I though It was a good idea for me to taste any local cuisines while traveling in other region which is far from my home because I believe that by tasting local food will give me more understanding about other culture. As we know Indonesia Archipelago is a big country with a various ethnic groups that are spread to whole provinces. And also Balinese, a majority tribe who dwell in this paradise island, has some regional dishes, one of them is Nasi Jinggo.

Nasi Jinggo is a delicious small portion of dish which is wrapped in a piece of banana leaf while the side dishes are put on a small piece of grease proof paper to separate with the rice.
It consists of  rice, serundeng (spiced grated coconut), sliced small egg, fried peanut, fried noodles, kering tempe (sweet and spicy fried soy bean cake), sambal (chili paste) and an optional of chicken, fish or babi kecap (braised pork with sweet soy sauce).


Bu Gde (Mrs Gde) has just been selling Nasi Jinggo for one year. And she sells it at her very simple warung (stall) on the roadside of Uluwatu Rd. The price of her Nasi Jinggo is cheap. I ate two portion for just IDR 10k (USD 0.70), because one portion wasn't enough for me). It was very cheap, wasn't it? For drinks, coffee, tea or just mineral water are also available. I drank mineral water but I forgot its price.

Nasi Jinggo with chicken

Nasi Jinggo with babi kecap


Nasi Jinggo bu Gde Uluwatu

Location

Jalan Uluwatu, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia

Opening Hours

Daily              04.00 pm - 08.00 pm

Price per Portion

Nasi Jinggo with chicken  IDR 5k (USD 0.35)
Nasi Jinggo with fish         IDR 5k (USD 0.35)
Nasi Jinggo with babi kecap  IDR 5k (USD 0.35)