Visiting Kuta Beach in Lombok Island


Arisarmu - You may be surprised that Kuta Beach can be found in Lombok island as its name reminds us of a famous beach in Badung Regency, Bali, and many believe that this less crowded beach, if we compare with Kuta Beach Bali, make this beach becomes more comfortable for a vacation.

Kuta Beach is nestled in Kuta Village, Pujut Sub-district, Central Lombok. It's only 56 minutes (47 km) drives from Mataram.

One of the most famous beaches in Lombok island is Kuta beach, and the beach to be named exactly the same with a famous beach in Badung Regency, Bali, but it's considered to be more beautiful than Kuta beach Bali. So it became my priority to visit it in my third day in Lombok. It was my second trip to Lombok, the first one I did it with my wife in the past.
Luckily, my wife's siblings live in Lombok, so I could stay in their homes and borrowed a motorcycle to explore the beauty of Lombok island.
Many have opinion that state; "There is Bali in Lombok island but there is no Lombok in Bali island".
Since I'm still in Lombok while writing this article, so I think it's the best time for me to find out if the assumption is right.
As we know that there are many Balineses living in Lombok island due to the big eruption of mount Agung in the past that forced them to move to their neighbor island. Although I still don't know whether there is a correlation with the name of Kuta beach.



After visiting Sasak Village in Sade and Ende I headed to Kuta beach, it was still school holiday in Indonesia when I met some group of local people spending their vacation there. And unfortunately the beach looked bit dirty by garbage which left by visitors.
There is no entry ticket to enter the beach, I just paid for parking.



Kuta beach is also popular for foreign tourists, some of them enjoyed sun bathing, strolling the beach and even having food at an open-air restaurant while gazing the beach. While the local enjoyed swinging and sliding.
For the security, you can put your possessions into a locker at Kuta Beach facility which is within the beach, so you can entirely enjoy your time on the beach.



Before leaving Kuta beach, I had lunch at "Warung Murah Meriah" (cheap stall). I ordered "Nasi Campur", it consisted of rice, fried chicken, corn fritter, tofu, fried noodles, pan-fried beans, "kering tempe" (sweet and spicy deep fried soy bean cake, and a cup of coffee to keep me awake. The  cost for lunch at the stall was IDR 40k (USD 2.80).