GWK Cultural Park : A Must Visit Tourist Attraction In Bali


Arisarmu - My last visit to Bali was on the second week of July after exploring Lombok island and its beautiful Gilis for twelve days. I did it before the strenuous earthquake hit Lombok and some parts of Bali. I checked out from Vila Ombak Hotel in Gili Trawangan on wednesday morning after having comfortable night and spending memorable times in that Gili. By a fastboat I crossed Lombok strait from Gili Trawangan to Padang Bay and then changed with a tourist shuttle to Kuta although I hadn't booked a hotel yet. I though that it would be easier. And my prediction was right, while on the way to Kuta I reserved a hotel through Traveloka. Since the tourist shuttle didn't take me to the hotel, so I got off in somewhere in Kuta and settled the hotel payment via an ATM then headed to the hotel by a GrabBike.


l checked in at a hotel in Kuta in the afternoon. The following day I decided to travel around Uluwatu by a motor bike which I rent it from a hotel's employee. The fare was IDR 60K   (USD 4.20) for 24 hours. And Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Cultural Park was my first destination.

GWK Cultural Park is nestled in approximately 60 hectares area in Ungasan, Badung Regency. Here visitors will see and watch remarkable Indonesian (Balinese) cultures through statues and dance performances and also the mighty GWK statue with its height is 120 meters made of copper and brass coated patina acid. The statue which was built for about 28 years has been an iconic landmark in Bali.


Amphitheater
It was very hot in the day time when I came there, perhaps I should have come there earlier in the morning or late in the afternoon. But in overall I pretty enjoyed my time there and if you come to Bali you should visit GWK Cultural Park and watch daily live performance for free (included in entrance ticket). See the schedule below:

Amphitheater

10.00 am - Balinese Dance
11.00 am - Barong Keris Dance
12.00 am - Garuda Wisnu Ballet
01.00 pm - Nusantara Dance
02.00 pm - Barong Keris Dance
03.00 pm - Balinese Dance
06.30 pm - Kecak Garuda Wisnu Dance

Garuda Cinema

11.00 - The Adventure of a little Garuda.

Okokan Parade

04.00 pm - Ticketing Area
04.30 pm - Street Theater
05.00 pm - Wisnu Plaza

Joged Bumbung

12.00 am - Commercial Strip
03.30 pm - Wisnu Plaza
05.30 pm - Street Theater




Garuda Wisnu Kencana (GWK) Cultural Park

Location

Jalan Raya Uluwatu, Ungasan, Kuta Selatan, Badung Regency, Bali, Indonesia.

Opening Hours

Daily      08.00 am - 10.00 pm

Admission

Domestic

Admission only 

Adult IDR 80K (USD 5.60) 
Child/Student IDR 60K (USD 4.20)

Admission + Meal 

Adult IDR 150K (USD 10.50)
Child IDR 120K (USD 8.40)

Foreign

Admission only

Adult  IDR 125K (USD 8.70)
Child  IDR 100K (USD 6.95)

Admission + Meal

Adult  IDR 200K (USD 13.95)
Child  IDR 160K (USD 11.15)

Note :

Student: maximum height 110 cm or high school student (please present student ID).
Adult: above 10 years old.
Child: age 3-10 years old.