Unplanned Visit to Stunning Tanjung Aan




Arisarmu - One of the prettiest beaches in Lombok is Tanjung Aan. It lies in the Southern Lombok. The serenity of the area makes the beach suitable for spending a peaceful holiday where visitors can gaze stunning scenery from a hill, walk along the white sand beach or just sit at "warung" (a simple food stall) while having cold drinks and enjoy seeing clear turquoise sea water.

On July 9th this year, it was my third day in Lombok. Since I hadn't been familiar with Lombok and at the moment I was staying at my brother in law's home who lives with his wife and daughter in Ampenan, Mataram. My first plan on the day was merely to visit Kuta beach for I didn't have any ideas and I thought that my upcoming destination would appear in my mind when I would have arrived at the beach then it started from following the main road to Lombok International Airport. Thereafter I would see a road sign and google map as well.

I was following the route to Kuta beach when I accidentally saw two Traditional Sasak Ethnic Villages of Ende and Sade, of course I didn't want to neglect a great opportunity to stop by and look into them. Not too long and I headed to Kuta beach and spent my time there. Near the beach I saw a road sign to Tanjung Aan and I wanted to visit it.


Tanjung Aan, which has white sand beach, is only 8.1 km (20 min) from Kuta beach and it takes an hour eight minutes drives (54 km) from Mataram to Tanjung Aan. This information is from google map, although in the reality was different for I was a bit lost.
On the way there I saw a vast dry land with little grass and some buffallows were  grazing. Some of them crossed the road so a shepherdess ran after them.


I had to ride on a broken road to get into Tanjung Aan, it was very contrary with the previous road. There was no entry ticket, I just paid for parking which was only IDR 5K (UDD 0.35) for a motorcycle.


There were only few visitors at that time. And most of them were foreign tourists. Perhaps it was a weekday. The view was gorgeous, especially when I hiked up a hill and saw more stunning landscape from the top where I could see two sides of Tanjung Aan.