Have You Ever Sipped Kopi Luwak?


Drinking coffee every day may be part of your habit that will make you feel energized and be ready to start your activities vigorously. And you may have already sipped different types of coffee. How about with Kopi Luwak? Have you ever tasted?


First I just imagined if one day I could taste Kopi Luwak (Luwak coffee), as you know that it's expensive and only available in certain places until I accidentally dropped by at Kebune Bali where I slurped a cup of delicious Kopi Luwak.

After crossing Gili Trawangan, Lombok to Bali by a fast boat, I decided to stay in Kuta, a bustling town for two days, where I quite familiar as I ever lived there for a month although it happened a long time ago, therefore everything seemed different, it had changed a lot including its surrounding. So when I rode a motorbike on Jalan Raya Uluwatu, I saw more homes than it used to be.

My original planned merely visiting some interesting tourist attractions around Uluwatu which I searched in google, although I'd never thought about Kopi Luwak before, therefore when I discovered Kebune Bali, it was a bless and surely a great opportunity for me to taste the famous Kopi Luwak.


When I pulled over and parked the motorbike which I rent if for IDR 60K (USD 4.20) , I was greeted by a friendly man in the parking lot. There was a car being parked. It wasn't crowded, travelers prefer going to somewhere else, I thought.


Kebune Bali is owned by Ketut Ganayasa who employs five people. His second garden is in Uluwatu which is opened for public after the first one in Ubud.
It opens daily from 9.00 am to 06.00 pm. Here visitors can see arabica coffee plants which are the main coffee bean for making Kopi Luwak  and watch two women processing the Coffee traditionally and a luwak , Asian Palm Civet which is in a cage.





Here, a cup of Kopi Luwak costs IDR 50K (USD 3.50). I think it's truly value for money. Although it's expensive for me, however I can say that it was the best coffee I've ever tasted, as I usually drink instant coffee at home.
The natural fermentation in the digestive tract, after the prime coffee cherries are eaten by Luwak, releases enzyme which makes the coffee beans taste perfect. 
In addition I got my free tea samples with no sugar added!! Such as Mangosteen Peel, Lemon Grass Tea, Ginger Tea, Lemon Tea, Rosella Tea, Red Ginger Tea and Cocoa Spices.