Gili Nanggu, a Tranquil Paradise in Southwest Lombok


Arisarmu - What a stunning holiday destination, arguably the best gili in southwest Lombok that I've visited is Gili Nanggu.


I didn't stay longer on Gili Sudak when I told Hendi, a boatman to take me to the next gili which has already been revealed on the previous blog post that I decided to explore three gilis. Then continued boating to Gili Nanggu was so exciting and I could hear the sound of boat's engine accompanying me as the only passenger with some life jackets were hung on one of the poles supporting the boat's canopy but I didn't intend to wear the life jacket, just though that it would be alright since the waves were small. And my curiosity to arrive at the second gili on that day was paid off when I finally stepped off the beautiful shore.


As a private island which covers the total area of 12,5 hectares, there is a cottage with bungalows that visitors can stay in and enjoy the tranquility on an island which has concept of unexploited nature. In addition, Gili Nanggu offers you its idyllic white sand beach with crystal clear water is also a great for snorkeling and swimming.

According to my sister in law who works at a big hotel on Gili Trawangan, after the severe earthquake hit North Lombok and East Lombok, and the breakages are still being repaired now, therefore many foreign tourists visiting Lombok switch their holiday destination from Gili Trawangan to gili islands in southwest Lombok.


As soon as I arrived at the beach, I took a stroll and saw some foreign women enjoyed tanning outside in the sun by lying down on the gorgeous white sand beach while the others  were snorkeling or just bathing.  Not many activities visitors can do on Gili Nanggu, however it's a great place for you who are seeking serenity.