A Thrilling Trip To Gili Kedis


Arisarmu - Gili Kedis was my reason why I travelled to Sekotong Sub-district, Southwest Lombok and it's also the amazing little island I've ever visited and shouldn't be overlooked when you spend your holiday in Lombok.

Being the last gili (a small island) I visited on that day. After Gili Sudak and Gili Nanggu. I was really surprised when Hendi, a boatman switched the first boat to a small speedboat with the argument of low tide. His fellow boatman also joined us. So three of us got on a small speedboat. On the way from Gili Nanggu to Gili Kedis was truly thrilling and I got an adrenaline rush as Hendi sped up the boat while I wasn't wearing a life jacket and it wasn't available in the boat, nevertheless I didn't tell him to reduce the speed. I just tried to enjoy it haha.. And I didn't want to show my fearful face at that time although, actually I was worried if I had fallen down into the water and all my photos, during my trip in Lombok which mostly were stored in my camera and smartphone, would have been wet and broken. However I still trusted him that he had an adequate ability to do his job and thanked God that everything was all right.

Heading to Gili Kedis by this small speed boat (this photo was taken on Gili Nanggu).

Approaching Gili Kedis, Hendi started reducing the rapidity of the speedboat, so it gave me an opportunity to take photos with my smartphone although it wasn't in good angle. I didn't predict that the Gili was so small even it's smaller than a soccer field. As soon as I stepped off shore I grabbed my pocket camera and took some photos and the others were taken by a smartphone as well. This to prevent if either had a problem, so I could still have holiday photos, although I also brought an action camera but I didn't take many photos with it as it consumes a lot of battery.



There were many tourists at the moment because of the holiday season. Therefore I suggest you to visit it during off season to avoid the crowd. Gili Kedis is perfect for sunbathing, swimming and snorkeling and even if you just want to sit as it has breathtaking views which also offers amazing beach with its white and soft sand and the water is clear and clean. There are some trees and a small shack in the middle of the island to protect you from the sunshine.